Bubble Brothers - Cork wine merchants
Monday, June 26, 2006
  School of hard knocks Some big names in music are playing Live at the Marquee just down the road from here at the moment. The six-peaked, red- and blue-striped big top tent is hard to miss - I'll try and take a photo soon. The wine connection today is that a chap called Brendan called in last week, hoping to fulfil the riders on the performers' contracts. His shopping list began Cristal, Bollinger, Veuve Clicquot... so I had to explain I couldn't help him with those. He said he might be back, though, for some of the requests that didn't specify a brand, or a few fat cigars maybe.

Jay-Z's fatwa, then - I use the term lazily - doesn't seem to have engaged the solidarity of all his fellow musicians yet, but the story's still running in the press: I think I saw some kind of follow-up in one of the weekend papers, though it's pretty much stale buns at this stage.

Now if I could get someone famous to boycott one of our champagnes, we might be on to something. 




<< Home
Importers and distributors of wine, champagne, sake, and other good things besides, via Cork, Ireland.

FIND OUT MORE AT THE BUBBLE BROTHERS WEBSITE - CLICK HERE



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]